Scheduling exams:

To schedule an appointment please call (973) 743-1331  or schedule an appointment online now.

For the convenience of our patients who work, appointments are available selected evenings as well as some Saturday mornings.

Our full-time surgical counselors are available to explain any surgery indicated and the use of medications, as well as to address our patients' concerns. We encourage calls to our counselor during office hours with any questions that may arise. Our patients find our office to be comfortable and conveniently located. For those who live locally and do not have transportation, a free car service is available for visits to our office and our surgery center.  


Insurance

Our billing department handles your insurance questions and claims submission, including workers' compensation and all surgical procedure claims. Some insurance plans offer coverage for routine eye care. Patients not covered by these plans are requested to pay at the time of their visit. We will provide a receipt for those patients with other coverage to submit to their insurance companies for reimbursement.

We are participating providers for Medicare. This means that we limit our charges to the amount approved by Medicare (Medicare pays 80% of the approved amount. The patient is responsible for the remaining 20% and any deductible not met). Our staff submits claims directly to Medicare for our patients. Medicare pays for all "medically necessary" services. Unfortunately, refractions (examinations for glasses) are not covered by Medicare, and the fee is payable at the time of the exam.

If you have a Medicare HMO for your health care coverage, a referral from your primary care physician is required for any medical care.

Contact our office for additional details for insurances we participate in at (973) 743-1331. 


Here is a list of some of the Insurance plans we participate in as of 3-25-08 (subject to change):

 

AFFORDABLE MEDICAL NETWORKS (First Health)             
*AETNA/US HEALTHCARE/MEDICARE               
*AETNA VISION CARE (INT'L UAW & FORD ONLY)              
Aetna Health Options              
Affiliated Physicians Health Plan (MEWA) MPIPA ***             
*AMERIHEALTH              
ANTHEM HEALTH BLUE CARE,POS,DIRECT,BASIC,EHP ***            
Atlantic Health (administered by CORESOURCE)(PPO & HMO)             
BEECH ST CORPORATION ***              
*BUILDING SERVICE 32 B-J              
*CIGNA HEALTHPLANS (PPO & HMO)              
Consumer Health   CHN, WC             
CORPORATE HEALTH ADMINISTRATORS            
Devon Health ***    many insurance carriers inquire….               
EMPIRE BC/BS   (WELLCHOICE)              
     INCLUDES:              
     PPO              
     EPO & POS              
*EMPIRE HEALTH CARE              
     INCLUDES:              
     HMO              
     PPO            
FAMILY HEALTH ALLIANCE                       
FIRST HEALTH              
GHI             
*PHS/ Healthnet      (no par in Medicaid)              
HEALTH VISION PLAN USA/EYE PLAN USA              
HORIZON BLUE CROSS/SHIELD              
INCLUDING:                
     Basic Blue - Plan A              
     Traditional B,C,D,E             
     PACE              
     IDA              
     Medallion              
     Network CNN              
     Network Wrap Around              
     Wraparound Plus             
     Preferred Care              
     Blue Select              
     Federal Employees                                        
     General Motors              
     Total Plan Administrators              
*HORIZON BLUE CHOICE                                                
*HORIZON HMO BLUE             
*HORIZON MEDICARE BLUE              
HUMANA- Wellchoice ( PHCS)              
Intergroup Services Corp ***              
KEMPER             
LCA -Lasik Networks              
MAGNACARE             
MASTERCARE              
MEDICAID              
MEDICARE             
MEDVIEW/CCN              
MULTIPLAN              
ONE HEALTHPLAN/GREAT WEST HEALTHPLAN***             
OPERATING ENGINEERS LOCAL 825              
*OXFORD HEALTHPLANS              
*PHYSICIAN HEALTHCARE PLAN OF NJ              
PREFERRED VISION (DISCOUNT PLAN ONLY)              
QUALCARE   Formerly Healthcare Payers Coalition              
QUALCARE (HMO)              
RAILROAD MEDICARE              
SECURE HORIZONS BY UNITED HEALTHCARE               
ST. BARNABAS PARTNERSHIP (QUALCARE)              
UNITED HEALTHCARE              
*UNITED HEALTHCARE MEDICARE              
*UNIVERSITY HEALTH PLAN (REGULAR)              
USA MANAGED CARE (SURGERY ONLY)              
VSP              
VSP MANAGED CARE (SURGERY ONLY)              
VSPE              
              
We recommend that if you have any questions regarding your benefits that you speak directly with your insurance carrier as each plan is individualized to meet the needs of the employer.